Re: Sydney airport railway - effect on buses

David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> wrote in article
<rU014.24$at1.508853@news0.optus.net.au>...

> I don't know how it might affect taxis. This is not really a valid
> comparison, but the Heathrow Express has really cut into the London taxi
> business. It's 15 pounds one way from PAddington to Heathrow, compares
> with 40 pounds for a taxi.

What's the Heathrow Express to Paddington? Is that a Network South-East
service from Paddington to Heathrow non-stop? I'm guessing you don't mean
the tube because the Heathrow tube stations are on the Piccadilly line,
which doesn't go to Paddington.... What's the point of that when you
already have the tube servicing all four terminals, for (I'm guessing here)
GBP 4.00?

To compare, how long does the express bus take down the M4, how long does a
taxi take and how long does the tube take?

Regards,
Bradley.