Re: Response from Albert at the Railfan Shop

> James,
>         Does this mean you can do a better job? Perhaps the ARE board would
> like to hear from you when Albert's tenure is up.

He does a good job running the shop but his customer service skills need a bit
of improvement. Personally I wouldn't want that job. What happened to the
previous manager? I've forgotten his name but he was much better than Albert.

>         Having seen some of the average Victorian gunzels in action perhaps
> Albert needs to shout because(a) that way he can get the message across and
> it sinks in or (b) he does not want to stand too close for fear of catching
> something!

1. He does not need to shout at me repeatedly because I can understand what he
says the first time and it sinks in fine.2. I am not an average Victorian
gunzel!
3. I don't carry any contagious diseases :-)

>        As an ARE member you are only entitled to 10% off selected items. I
> think we are being offered 10% across the board until December 10
> irrespective of the item,I certainly will be taking advantage of this and I
> suggest you do the same for a once in a millenium sales opportunity.

There isn't that much in there worth buying any more. I get all the magazines I
want on subscription and I have all of the books that I want out of the most
recently published ones. As for video, I am taking enough of my own. For
someone like me I really don't see the point of spending about $40 for a video,
especially when I'm not 100% happy with the quality of some of them currently
on sale.

> Cheers
>
> Noel Forster (ARE member since 1968)

Do'h, I'm only a member since 1995! :-)