Re: [VIC] Hypotheticals of gauge change!!

Richard wrote:

> Im especially intersted in what would be problems/solutions on the Cribpont?Stonypoint line with respect to the Steel
> trains. Are thes better on standard or broad..or does their journey onlyrequire them to be captive on 5'3"....which
> other existing or known(possible) movements can stay on the one  larger guage??

It would make a lot of sense to S/G to Long Island as the products taken out of there go interstate, and instead of
terminating at Dynon and Transhipping to from S/G to B/G, the one train could go all the way to LI, however you have the
little problem of restricting the speed of B/G traffic.

The Gippsland - Geelong log trains are no problem staying captive to B/G as are the Warrnambool/Dennington Goods and
Mildura/Cowangie trains.

That's my ideas from my limited knowledge.

Sam Eades