Re: memories

Derick Wuen wrote:

> Gail BENNETT wrote in message <81ap76$466$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
> >Another enjoyable trip I once had was on The Sunlander (before it became
> >somewhat luxurious).
>
> <snippety-snip>
>
> I did Bris-Townsville-MtIsa-Townsville-Cairns-Brisbane (side trip to
> Normanton) by sunlander/inlander in 1970's, with family in tow, 2nd class
> sleeper accommodation.

 < snip>
I remember many years ago when I went from Sydney to Melbourne on a
troop (scout) train for a Jamboree. No luxury or services on that trip.
The train consisted of end platform suburban stock. Departed Sydney at
night, stopped at Junee for breakfast and changed at Albury.
Years later in the air conditioned era I went to Melbourne for Easter
and had to travel on an extra. Non air cond sleeper. It was luxury
compared to the troop train.

Doug.