Re: Red W set running again Nov 21 (Sutherland)

In article <e2LZ3.6383$MZ.50338@ozemail.com.au>,
Bill McNiven <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>trendy rechauffé wrote in message ...
>>Sutherland Council has hired CityRail's 4 car W set for the centenary of
>the
>>opening of the Sutherland to Cronulla line.
>This was a useful posting, thanks!
>
>Here it was discovered that the timetable was unworkable.  The 1100
>departure was forgotten, and the 1140 altered to 1200.  This trip had to run
>as C3708 was reserved for Sutherland Shire and other sponsors.
>
>The return trip ran well to Kirrawee, where the two remaining motors on
>C3702 were cut out.  After Caringbah, it ran non-stop to Sutherland.  The
>return trip (down hill) to Cronulla was to make all stops.

 Wollaware not Kirrawee. I was on 3702 when it either pulled the power or tripped
its main breaker. 4 times. I assume it was the train breaker, as the overhead would
have stayed dead after the 3rd bang!.

 When I left the train at Sutherland there was a big discussion about just stabling at
Cronulla and 'static exhibit'ing it if they couldnt get the motors back online.

 As a side note, I noticed Wollaware is soon to loose its wood overhead poles. The line
in that area looks so nice with the line side gardens, and the nice timber poles....