Re: Red W set running again Nov 21 (Sutherland)

Bill McNiven <wmcniven@gunzel.ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
e2LZ3.6383$MZ.50338@ozemail.com.au">news:e2LZ3.6383$MZ.50338@ozemail.com.au...

> The train was C3702, T4714, T4801, C3708 running as Set W3.  This is one
of
> two heritage trains retained by the State Rail Authority, and has been
> repainted by the supporters group Historic Electric Traction.

Hallo folks,

I've just discovered W3 is one of three heritage trains retained by State
Rail.

F1 (was M1) - Standard set
U2 - U boat set
W3 - Sputnik set

Historic Electric Traction is planning a tour using the W set (if they can
get it working again) on the 4th of December. For details, visit their web
page at: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~paulmat/trains.html

The Sydney Electric Train Society is also likely to run a tour in the near
future. Keep an eye on their web page http://www.ozemail.com.au/~utwww/

bye tr