Re: Red W set running again Nov 21 (Sutherland)

Ronald BESDANSKY wrote in message ...
>Ignoring the duplication in Bill's reply, I think "trendy rechauffé" has
>just doubled the life of the Cronulla line! True, there was a steam tramway
>there before, but I don't think even that was operating in 1899!
>Rgds
>Ron BESDANSKY
OK!
It was the centenary of the naming of the village of Gunnamatta, and
incidentally approximately the 60th anniversary of the opening of the
railway on 16-Dec-1939.
The steam tramway operated from 12-Jun-1911.  Passenger service ceased after
3-Aug-1931 and a goods service ceased after 12-Feb-1932.

Rgds

Bill