Re: Daylight saving time

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
3835BD68.AA39CB2D@ozemail.com.au">news:3835BD68.AA39CB2D@ozemail.com.au...
> Dave Proctor wrote:
>
> > The Brisbane XPT that left Sydney on Saturday 30 October to arrive in
> > Brisbane on Sunday 31 October would be affected.
>
> And during daylight saving, NT-1 arrives in Brisbane at 05:00!  At 04:00
an
> announcement goes over the PA telling passengers that the buffet will be
closing
> shortly.  You arrive at Roma street, and none of the suburban trains have
> started running.

Which is why I would like to see them swap Murwqillumbah and Brisbane
around - day train SYD-BNE, returning overnight, and a night train SYD-MWH
returning by day. The earlier arrival and departure during daylight saving
would not be as problematic that way.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au