Re: Fatality at Ashfield

Railway Rasputin <bob@fastlink.com.au> wrote in message
3833B981.2D8D9A6A@fastlink.com.au">news:3833B981.2D8D9A6A@fastlink.com.au...

> Vanguard wrote:
> >
> > So are you saying the Guard does not suffer any sort of trauma at all?
> >
> No, read my words.
>
> If the guard feels as if it is to much for him/her they can refuse to
> look for the parts. In my experience in researching this area, THE MAIN
> TRAUMA IS THE MOMENTS BEFORE THE HIT WHEN THE DRIVER SEES THE PERSON AND
> RELISES THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO, OFTEN SEEING THE FACIAL EXPRESSION
> OF THE IMBICILE ON THE TRACK.
> The hit often leeves the driver feeling sick but the flashbacks etc
> focus on the "just before". Drivers often have a guilt thing thinking
> they could of done something to prevent it otherwise known as "what ifs
> and buts".
>
> Guards if they elect to view the parts will, if not used to it, probably
> throw up and have a mental picture of said parts. The trauma will not be
> as bad, nor will they have the feeling of guilt.

In the beginning you say "No, read my words", at the end you say "The trauma
will not be
as bad", so seeing through that contradiction the answer to my question is
YES!

Now, READ MY WORDS!

I am not doubting the fact for one second that the truama the driver suffers
is servere. I AGREE WITH YOU!!! My initial question to you was that did the
guard suffer any truama at a fatality since you left the the guard out in
your original post.
So, at night,(or day for that matter) the driver hits something but doesn't
know what it was. The guard has to take a walk to assertain what was hit,
wouldn't he/she?. He/she does this and it happens to be a fatality. So, the
driver didn't see the person or their expression but the guards sees all the
bits and pieces and maybe even a person who is still alive. Going by what
you have said this sort of fatality mustn't happen by the way you firmly
made your point above.
My suggestion to you is that truama is experienced by BOTH members of the
train crew in ANY fatality but the level of truama of each member depends on
the circumstances!