Re: Sydney Ticket Inspectors

Providing the pursuit of an offender by snappers is continuous and unbroken,
they are acting within the law, even off railway property. It must be
remembered, it is not CityRail law, but a NSW State Law that they are
enforcing. They can pursue that offender from Hazelbrook to Broken Hill if
they like, providing the offence is continuous and unbroken (not being
constables or special constables).

They can only use sufficient force to effect an arrest - not extreme force.
An old Sergeant once gave me some good advice, and that was "your actions
must always be viewed in a manner where they can be reviewed by a court, and
therefore whatever you do, you should always be seen doing it in a fair and
reasonable manner".

Gail