Re: Sydney Ticket Inspectors

Hi
Not sure about sydney, but victorian ticket inspectors do have a power
to arrest under the transport act, and interestingly enough as
travelling without a ticket is a breach of the act rather than a
regulation anyone can make a citizens arrest for it.

Vaughan

> Saw an interesting scuffle when I was living in Hazelbrook and working
> in Sydney one night a couple of years ago: people came through
> inspecting tickets (these didn't look like your usual run-of-the-mill
> ticket inspectors). They caught one unfortunate and hauled him off
into
> the seats at the end of the interurban. I was getting out at
Hazelbrook
> and he dashed past me, up the steps and down to the pedestrian
crossing
> lights on the highway, where the inspectors caught him and carted him
> back to the station. They were definitely laying hands on him (and
> outside railway property, too).
>
> --
> Dr A.P. Whichello                               Phone: +61 2 6268 8191
> Electrical Engineering Image Coding Laboratory    Fax: +61 2 6268 8443
> Australian Defence Force Academy        Email: a-whichello@adfa.edu.au
> Australia                      WWW: http://www.ee.usyd.edu.au/~adrianw
>
> "I wish to God these calculations had been executed by Steam!"
C.Babbage

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.