Re: 3801 - Keep It Black!!

Hoges wrote in message ...

>Right, time to stir up trouble again, or at least elicit some official
>denials from the organisation concerned.
> (Hi Geoff !).
>
>3801's stint in black and red seems to have been an unqualified success,
and
>highly popular with the fans and the photographers, if not the general
>public.
>
>Do they really need to return in to green livery so soon? I believe a lot
of
>people would like to see it stay black, at least until after the Victorian
>excursion next Easter. There is a rumour of a groundswell of opinion
backing
>this option.
>
>Time for an aus.rail straw poll -  please register if you favour '01
staying
>in black for a while longer, or if you want to see it back in traditional
>green. Let's see what the fans think!

The first criteria to get 3801 to remain black will be to start a fund to
cover the cost two lots of paintwork. As most interested parties on this ng
will be aware, the black paint on  the loco at the moment is undercoat and
is already showing signs of surface deteriation. An enamel coat will be
needed very soon and the time needed can only be found in the Xmas shutdown
period.

As I have indicated to previous correspondants, the RTM is the charterer of
both 3801 and 3830 for their Easter venture into Victoria. 3801 Limited has
received NO request from the RTM for 3801 to remain black. Clearly such an
approach would need to be accompanied by the appropriate cheque for the
repaint!

The only <success> that the black colour has brought has been from 'fans who
want pictures of 3801 in black. If it had actually emerged from Eveleigh in
the red primer, wouldn't there be a groundswell of enthusiasm for it to
remain red until every fan in the world had their shot?

Geoff Lillico
Tours & Marketing
3801 Limited

trains@magna.com.au