Re: Tangaras

Joel Cooper <joel@abilitycorp.com.au> wrote in message
B4571179.9DE%joel@abilitycorp.com.au">news:B4571179.9DE%joel@abilitycorp.com.au...
> Quite amazing. Even train drivers have social classes :-)
>
> Just out of interest, how old are the V sets? I think I remember the ones
> with the auto vestibule doors coming out in the late 80s. Back then it was
> considered quite special if you got on one of those. But the auto doors
> actually worked back then.

The first 16 cars were built c. 1970 - they were converted to trailers in
the mid-80's and are now numbered in the 92XX series.

The second batch was built in 1977-78, and are DCM8021 - 8036 and DCT 9031 -
9044. The third batch were built in an ongoing basis from 1983 onwards.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au