Re: Tangaras

Joel Cooper wrote:

> Right. So which of the two are people saying are pieces of garbage? The
> toilet Tangaras seem more conformable and smoother. Also the seats don't
> have the same amount of gunk on them and they haven't started smelling yet.
> I still prefer the regular Interurban sets (V sets?) as they aren't as
> freezing cold in winter.
>
> And why would Sydney Central get annoyed at called them Intercity trains?
> Gosford is technically another city. So is the Blue Mountains.
>
> Joel

The interurban drivers in Sydney are called Everleigh drivers and a few
regard themselves as superior. They don't want any thing to do with
surburban boy drivers. G sets aren't "real" trains in there eyes. I once
made this mistake.
Stupid really but thats the way it is.

V sets are the best trains we have dispite their age and will probably
outlast the G sets.

rgds