Re: Freight Victoria..POWER??

On Sun, 14 Nov 1999 09:56:13 +1000, John Cleverdon <johnc@cdi.com.au>
wrote:

>> ON a similat vein to this , how many Westrail Ks are still in service , are
>> and are any available on the 2nd hand market.?
>
>All existing K's/KA's (7 locos), except K206 have been sold to SCT for shunting
>use in Perth and Avon Yard (Northam). A couple
>were also supposed to have come here to Melbourne, but I have not seen them.
H2, K201 and K209 are behind the RTS shed at south dynon.

>K206 is in storage in Perth.
>AFAIK, some are still to be returned to service.
WAGR	K201	SCT	Melbourne		South Dynon
Wdn 9/96 	stored			WAGR	K202	GML 3-4/68
A6	BHP Pt K '92	D48			stored on arrival at
PtK				WAGR	K203	BHP Pt Hedland A9 '86,
BHP Pt K D51 1992				In service
WAGR	K206	WESTRAIL	K206	SCT Kewdale
Wdn 9/96 	stored			WAGR	K204	WESTRAIL
K204						Scrapped
WAGR	K205	WESTRAIL	K205	South
Spurrail(SCT)AvonYardNortham
WAGR	K207	WESTRAIL	K207	SCT	Kewdale
Wdn 3/96	stored			WAGR	K208	WESTRAIL
K208	SCT	Kewdale			Wdn 12/97	stored
WAGR	K209	WESTRAIL	K209	SCT	South Dynon
Wdn 12/97	stored			WAGR	K210	WESTRAIL
K210	South Spur Rail (SCT)
WAGR	RA1914	WESTRAIL	RA1914	WESTRAIL	KA211
Scrapped	Engine testing at Goninan Bassendean
WAGR	RA1917	WESTRAIL	KA212	SCT	Kewdale
stored	ex Lefroy Salt Co		WAGR	RA1918	WESTRAIL
KA213	WESTRAIL	RA1918			Wdn 9/90	pvd
ARHS Bassendean	ex Lefroy Salt Co

Cheers

Cheers

Krel

VGR website http://www.castlemaine.net.au/~vgr/

If competition is so good how come there is only one Competition Commision?