Re: 2 EL's on Patrick's

CL Burton <clburton@camtech.net.au> wrote in message
382E8FE3.8E94CCF9@camtech.net.au">news:382E8FE3.8E94CCF9@camtech.net.au...
> A very interesting development is the new GSR IP advertisement in
> Saturday's weekend magazine. The loco pictured pulling the IP is an EL
> in ASR colours.
> Does this mean GSR are dropping NR as their loco supplier, and changing
> over to leased re-geared and microprocessor equipped, ASR manned EL's as
> their main power ?

Would make sense all round. The EL's after all are designed for that sort of
running. Given that NR is facing some sort of motive-power shortage (with
all of the new contracts) they would, I presume, like to have all of their
locos back. It also suits CFCL (or whatever they are) as they have, at the
moment, a few locos sitting aorund doing nothing, so at least it gives them
some work. Who knows what sort of a deal GSR would be able to negotiate for
the EL's, sinceany amount of money is better than NO money coming in.
Overall, it looks to me like a win/win situation.

--
DaveProctor
thadocta AT dingoblue.net.au