Re: Aus rail vs aus rail models

Werris Creek wrote:

> Anyone ever notice how the number of posts to the Aus Rail ng is about three
> or four times the number on this ng.
>
> Does this mean.........
>
> 1.    There are four times as many persons interested in the prototype as
> there are modellers.
>
> OR
>
> 2.    Modellers are too busy modelling to waste their time on the net unlike
> prototype followers.
>
> OR
>
> 3.    Prototype followers are more willing to share their experiences with
> others than modellers.
>
> OR
>
> 4.    Modellers are largely illiterate and generally cannot read or write
> let alone use a computer.
>
> OR
>
> 5.     A combination of all of the above or something totally different.

The thing that has struck me about the difference between the two groups is the
dominance of Victorian content of aus.rail and the dominance of NSW on
aus.rail.models

A couple of theories

After what ever many years of Jeff, Victorians are too poor to get involved in
modelling and have to rely on full size railways for their enthusiast fix, as
observation costs nothing.  ;-)

Most modellers model NSW because it is the most interesting system. ;-)

DPC James McInerney

STOP!  In The Name Of The Lore!

At http://www.cia.com.au/bullack/ , the "Lambing Flat" page.