Re: Aus rail vs aus rail models

My thoughts on the aus rail vs aus rail models numbers are that there are
probably a lot fewer people who know about the models ng. Looking around
various Australian railway sites, I have found many links to this
(prototype - as we modellers call the full size trains) ng via railpage. I
was not even aware of the existence of the models ng until I decided to
'subscribe' to aus rail. Well, it was right next to ausrail on the list.

Also, it could be argued that there could be less news about the model hobby
that modellers feel others could be interested in hearing. They probably
already know about it. News on the prototype tends to be of interest because
others want to know what is happening 10 minutes before it happens (so they
can be there to see/ photograph it). How many really need to know what is
happening in the model world? It is a world that can be rewound and events
recreated again for those that missed it. I'm happy to wait until the next
AMRM comes out.

Okay then, I realise it is not for posting lists of sightings at
Plasticville station this afternoon, but I'm a modeller, and I don't feel I
have much to contribute to aus rail models. Not yet, anyway.

I could always try some gratuitous advertising.

Perhaps there is more Victorian news on ausrail due to Victoria being small
enough to travel anywhere in one day. This doesn't explain the almost total
absence of Tasmanian items though. Much is happening there that we don't
hear about.
There could be more NSW modellers due to it being cheaper to model than to
travel around such an extensive system.
Is it more interesting? Perhaps, but being Victorian, I'm not allowed to
even think that.

Darren Hodges.

382E8209.B91240F7@cia.com.au">news:382E8209.B91240F7@cia.com.au...