Re: Countrylink GM Sacked

Hi Dave...

Dave Proctor wrote in message <80brqn$p9h$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...

>I agree with that - I just do not think the government can blame him for
bad
>timekeeping. The daytime Sydney turnarounds are at their minimums now, so
we
>cannot have trains arriving in Sydney later and leaving on their next trip
>earlier, or else they really will start falling apart. And yet the
>government will not allocate sufficient resources to enable appropriate
>maintenance to be carried out.

I think that the fitting of the new engines and cooling groups will have a
marked effect on ontime running once they are bedded in and running
normally..

>Ideally, the Dubbo XPT should be replaced by a 3 car Xplorer (that is all
it
>really needs most of the year), built up to 4 cars at peak periods, and use
>the XPT cars currently used on WT27/28 to reduce the total mileage run by
>the fleet. More cars mean more time for maintenance and greater
reliability.
>They would then have 5 spare power cars - 19 to fill 14 rosters - and that
>would improve timekeeping no end.

At present if all the units are available, there are only 2 spare power
cars, as one is always in being painted... so when the painting of the
things is finished it will improve somewhat... Only having 2 spare available
is running things pretty fine... watch for the Dubbo to start running with 1
unit.... It may already have done so... Oh yeah, keep the Xplorers where
they are :)

Cheers
Jack
Queensland: Perfect One day
Beautiful the next
And wet for the other 363 days of the year