Re: Freight Victoria

That is great feedback thanks.  At first glance in these very early days the
benefits of having private operators appears to be working.  Here in WA
sadly privatisation looks like it's not going to get off the ground.  Rail
served grain bins are now having grain trucked out as the state of the track
through years of neglect has finally collapsed.  When you talk to the
pollies they say but the traffic task is going up and the railways making a
profit so everything is fine.  The grain haul is also increasing but if the
industry slowly lets the feeder network slowly wither it will be a repeat of
Australian National and South Australia all over again.

--
Graeme Vellacott
PO Box 322