Re: Melbourne Double deckers NEW APPROACH

> IF the trains run on time, I notice that the trains aren't that
crowded
> during the peak hour. There are some lines which are worse than
others,
> especially broadmeadows and weribee.

Exactly - where "crowded" means you can't get a seat. Twelve months ago
I used to catch the Broady train from Strathmore to the city at 8am,
and although you didn't usually get a seat it was far from logjammed.
Patronage hasn't gone up that much since then!

And anyway there is plenty of spare capacity to run extra trains to
relieve crowding (if there is crowding, and I don't think there is
provided half the trains at peak aren't cancelled (I know from catching
the epping at peak that one of the trains to mordialloc hardly ever
runs - I've had competitions with people to guess when they'll say "the
5-whatever it is to Mordialloc will not run this evening, bayside
trains apologises for any inconvenience caused".

Forget buffery like double deckers and make the existing trains run,
and run on time, and you won't have a crowding problem. if you do, add
an extra train here and there and its solved!

Vaughan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.