Re: Melbourne Double deckers

Hi Graeme,

I didn't actually express any views on frequencies - I just stated what they
are. (Well, approximately; someone pointed out that I didn't mention some
variations on services past Ringwood).

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Melbourne, Australia
dbowen at custard dot net dot au

Graeme <gvrail@thatsent.com.au> wrote in message
3823ca5f$0$21301@motown.iinet.net.au">news:3823ca5f$0$21301@motown.iinet.net.au...
> Daniel
>
> I'm sorry I can't agree with your views on frequencies.  In Perth, THE
MOST
> CAR DOMINATED CITY IN AUSTRALIA, getting people onto the trains required
> very frequent services.  Because rail is capital intensive the added
labour
> cost on driver only trains to increase frequencies is by comparison small.
> The minimum frequency on the heavy routes into Melbourne should be 3
minutes
> peak hour, 7.5 minutes off peak.  15 minutes very early morning and late
at
> night.  Perth might be small and people are saying you can't compare Perth
> and Melbourne/Sydney, but you can.  Our busiest line carries just 35,000
> people per day and we use the frequencies described above.  On the
Fremantle