Re: 4D on move?

http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278/sparks/4D_Double_Deck_History.html

> The 4D used to run with the 3 car Comeng but when we went to driver only
> operation (DOO) it lost the 3 car Comeng.  Gareth you turn to explain.
> : 4D used to run with a 3-car Comeng attached.

The 4D was custom built for Melbourne many spec's match Comeng trains, so
the 4D could MU with them.  Original intention was for the 4D to run with
a Comeng during peak hour, and by itself during off peak.
Modifications were made when DOO was introduced, and this (somehow) made
the 4D no longer compatible to MU with Comeng trains.

http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278/sparks/Technical_Info.html

Has lengths of indivdual cars and 7 car sets.
A 3 car Comeng and the 4 car 4D coupled together is 149.6 metres long,
most Melbourne platforms are 160 metres.

Gareth.

 I can't help growing old, but growing up is optional :-)
 Gareth Lumsden     s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au    glums112@yahoo.com
 Gareth's Railway Web Page        http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278