Re: 4D on move?

> It was changed to the Hitachi style Hillside Stickers last Thursday, it
did
> have special Hillside Stickers.  It was first powered up last Thursday and
> they had a 3 car comeng with it.  Maybe the work they were doing was
making
> the Driver Only Operation work with a 3 car comeng.
>
> It might have gone on a trip to test it out.
> Usually out to Camberwell and Back (test near Surry Hills)

Surely the train would not fit in a platform with the 4 cars of the 4D and 3
of a comeng, or is the 4D's carriages shorter?  I spose, they coul;d run the
first car of the 4D past the platform as it has passages between carriages,
so that passengers in the front could get out through the next car??  So how
does it work??