Re: www.baysidetrains.com.au

Roderick Smith wrote:
> The latest Victrip site is much less useful than its predecessor.  It

Yes, you have to do more digging around to find the useful stuff.

> assumes that you know where you are going, and which company goes there.
> It does not have a route map.  The fares and zones section contains metcard

There's a full (Swanston and Yarra) trams map from the Yarra Trams
Timetables page.
http://www.yarratrams.com.au/

> propaganda, but no information about fares or about zones.  The bus section

>From VicTrip, click on Fares & Zones.

> is a list of websites for private operators, and National Bus still gives
> no information except to phone a depot.  The Bayside/Hillside site stalled
> and wouldn't load.  The tram site said nothing.

It's all a bit of a mess - a stark contrast to the one unified phone
enquiries line.

Oddly, the Bayside Trains site seems to have all the tram, train and
fares information on it. For trams and trains you could almost give up
on Victrip and go straight to http://www.baysidetrains.com.au/ - it
doesn't even open those annoying extra windows that Victrip does.

I've been pondering... are there any situations in which Yarra/Swanston
and Hillside/Bayside actually compete? I can only think of:

- St Kilda Beach to city (routes 16 vs. 95/96) (and intersecting
locations in South Melbourne)
- Camberwell to city (72 vs 70 and 75 - 70/75 would win hands down for
trip time)
- Richmond to city (trains from South Yarra and Burnley)

They need to realise that everywhere else in Melbourne, they don't
compete with each other; they compete with cars.

Daniel
--
Daniel Bowen, Custard Communications Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia

Send a stupid e-card! http://www.toxiccustard.com/cards/