Re: New St. Leonards Station

"David Bennetts" <davibenn@pcug.org.au> wrote:

> Can't quite answer your question, but am I right in assuming that the new St
> Leonards station will be where (most) trains from the new Parramatta
> Chatswood line terminate.

The platform arrangement do not seem to suggest it is intended as
terminating location, though it's probably a bit early to say until
the track "surfacing" arrangements North of Chatswood become clear.

> There will obviously have to be some overbridge and underbridge
> augmentation, but this work would be relatively minor.  Chatswood will need
> two additional platforms (probably the one now out of use will be
> re-instated), though I think Artarmon will possibly get by with its existing
> station, the additional lines will probably by-pass the platform.

If you are suggesting that the new lines will lie outside the existing
Shore, that would not be compatible with terminating trains at St
Leonards, as they'd have to cross over the Shore on the level when
reversing direction.  There's not really enough room to do a
flyover/under between Artarmon and St Leonards due to the location of
various cross streets/freeways etc.

Cheers,

Bill