Re: ATTN DAVID B RE 32'S IN TIBET

Paul Hogan wrote:
Someone in this loony bin wrote
That's a very ungracious way to address your Peers (or is that Piers......??). Loony is a word usually more associated with Rail Fans than with Model Railroaders. At least we have some life skills.....
<snip>
    As for medical attention, it has been my observation for some time that
a number of regular users of this board are long overdue for a grease and
oil change.

    Now for the really exciting news. I expect to have some photos of
Tibetan steam locos (34/32 or not) on the net in the next day or so. I'm
just waiting for one of our pals over there to extract himself from a fairly
major snowstorm and get near a phone line again. I'll keep you informed -
watch this space.
    Graham
    --

    Well, I've watched this very entertaining exchange from the sidelines,
but it might be time to wade fearlessly into the melee. (Are we sure this

    I can authoritively state that the closest railway line to Mt Everest is
at Darjeeling. I've just dug out some of my old shots, and even after
consulting the experts on digital photo morphing techniques, we just can't
get the darn things to resemble a 4-6-0!

    I'm really looking forward to the Tibetan photos, but I just bet they
are severely over exposed. :-)
Well you shall have them if I can get my act together tonight - I just have to wait for my man to do his thing in Tibet - and on the Satellite Phone today he assured me he would be able to do just that - snow storm or no snowstorm.
    Incidentally, we've informed the Master Photographer, Stephen Howard, of
the great interest in his work. Unfortunately, he's not on-line, but one his
friends may provide him access for right-of-reply - be warned!

   Cheers,
   Paul Hogan
That's interesting, I thought he was dead. Perhaps he just smells that way.......   Welcome to the thread anyway Paul and we look forward to your contributions on the subject and from your pocket, Our trusty treasurer is tensing for a teasing as his till ticks over to the ting of money!
Graham

--
The Coramba Creek Timber Company's Railway
Web Page: