Re: Incident At Hornsby 11/5/99

Malcolm Purvis wrote:

> Stuart> Interurban services were suspended, ( as with suburban
> services) with
> Stuart> the 8:17pm right through to the 1:47 am service the next
> morning
> Stuart> canceled, with busses used to ferry people.
>
> I caught the 9:17 from Sydney Central to Strathfield that night, and
> there
> were no announcements of impending delays (in fact, the guard
> announced the
> stopping times at various stations and they followed the timetable).
> Are your
> times correct, or did CityRail *really* manage to annoy one train load
> of
> passengers?
>
> --
> Malcolm Purvis (malcolmp@abc.gov.au) - ABC Technology Research and
> Development
>
> "I don't want it to be practical, I want it to be *expensive*."
>         -- my wife.

   Those trains were refered to on the wire I briefly looked at. I will
look into it a bit further. All trains were definitely suspended. The
only possiblity was that the gaurd was not informed of what was ahead. I
also suspect that these trains were  terminated at Epping, and buses
from there. I am quite positive that that train did not get through, as
the overhead was removed around the 9 pm mark.

 I hope this helps

Stuart Ellis