Re: N class and pass cars replacing Sprinters replacing Bluebirds?

> > No, it came in because Management finally woke up that the Bluebirds
> > couldn't hack it and that the Sprinter was urgently need elsewhere.
>
> With Melton being the end of the train service for the time being, it
would
> make a lot of sense for the service to be as close to an all sprinter
> service as possible. If you need to cross at Melton, you don't also
have to
> worry about running round between trains etc.
>
> Your comment re the bluebirds is also a good point but I suggest my
comment
> is closer to the truth. With no passes to Melton, you then have a
surplus of
> N's and carriages to put onto other services.

Most of the Peak and a few Off Peak Melton Services are Push/Pull
Passes (P Class Locos. The only Ballarat/Bacchus Marsh with an N Loco
was the 0935 Down/1205 UP Ballarat). With the Bendigo Line returning to
normal Sprinter working a couple of Sprinters that were used elsewhere
are back on the Bendigo's.(the 1010 Down & return, the 2015 Down & 0745
Up were Loco Hauled for quite a while) Also there is a sprinter at
Ballarat W/S for a while for Luggage Rack Mods (they are doing another
4 or 5 methinks)

> > Also the V/Line Pass sell off is down to 2 preferred bidders,
> > final bids due Friday week, with the winning bidder announced about
5
> > weeks later.
>
> Who are they please?
One is FV, the other is a Pom Mob (I'm not at work so I don't have the
info handy)

--
Wombat wuz 'ere!
What eats roots & leaves?