Re: N class and pass cars replacing Sprinters replacing Bluebirds?

> > Q. Why do Aussie men piss in the garden at parties?
> > A. Because there's always someone throwing up in the toilet.

This little comment has about as much to do with railways as does chicken
voodoo.

> No, it came in because Management finally woke up that the Bluebirds
> couldn't hack it and that the Sprinter was urgently need elsewhere.

With Melton being the end of the train service for the time being, it would
make a lot of sense for the service to be as close to an all sprinter
service as possible. If you need to cross at Melton, you don't also have to
worry about running round between trains etc.

Your comment re the bluebirds is also a good point but I suggest my comment
is closer to the truth. With no passes to Melton, you then have a surplus of
N's and carriages to put onto other services.

> Also the V/Line Pass sell off is down to 2 preferred bidders,
> final bids due Friday week, with the winning bidder announced about 5
> weeks later.

Who are they please?

David Langley.