Re: Kensington grain siding - Part II

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> Does anyone know if any of the down Essendon services terminate on Platform
> 1, 2 or 3? I am guessing probably 2, but i could be wrong.
>
> thanks,
> Michael

It's been quite a while since I last travelled on the Broadmeadows line
regularly,
but there used to be a short working to Essendon from FSS which always
terminated
in platform 3. Platform 1 was only used in emergency situations like the
time the
booking office was robbed. In that instance, both Up and Down trains
used platform
1 and had to make make double stops due to the platform not being long
enought to
handle 6 car Hitachis and Comengs.

John McCallum