Re: Time to wake up Steamrail Board Ban Alcohol On Your Tours

Tony Gatt wrote in message <7h05u3$b8p$1@toto.tig.com.au>...

>As long as it is a QUIET drink..

I can see the sense in that - so do what Countrylink do - introduce
alcohol-free carriages - and then find out when people book as to what type
of accommodation people prefer - alcohol or non-alcohol - and then marshall
the train accordingly, with the buffet in the middle - the buffet would act
as a seperator between the two sections.

>I beg to differ, you will more than likely find that people do not travel
>for fear of being harrassed by an intoxicated passenger.

So the above would alleviate that. But there are some people who like a
drink or two (or ten or twenty) but are quiet and unassuming whilst drunk,
who would not travel if an alcohol ban was in place - what they pick up,
they might lose.

>And just because you do, doesn't mean that those who don't have to suffer
>the uncontrolled behaviour. just have a look at the behaviour as mentioned
>on the XPT...

Behaviour on the XPT is because the restrictions are not adequately
enforced. They serve alcohol to people who they shouldn't. Also, the
alcohol-free cars are the buffet car, and the carriage next to the buffet
car. Drunkies still have to walk through these cars.

>Now who is moving to the ridiculous??

Yeah, I agree - silly statement.

>Yes, but what about those who cannot control themselves.. I know some
people
>just lose all form of control under the influence.. why should they be the
>only ones to have a "good time"?

By exercising "responsible service of alcohol" - I know, it costs money to
put people through these courses, but surely it is an idea.

>Alcohol has been smuggled into many events.. but you find these people are
>little more cautious and controlled because of their "illegal behaviour"

Not always.

>Great Idea, now we are getting somewhere...

Agreed - lets go for it.

>> Time for another glass of wine,
>
>I will have one if you are offering...

I'll have a beer thanks!