Re: FV train times

the yard Directly.
>>A genuine cross would have to be organised well in advance, and I guess
Safe
>>Working  Rules would be broken.
>>Rod ;o)
>
>Is it possible under current rules to cross trains by using a single
>point - drive in and back out or vice versa - or by using the Oakland
>line, which also would mean manipulating only a single point?

Hi John.
                Answer Yes, but unlikely.
                A cross at Benalla, perhaps between the pass on the up and a
down "extra" heading towards wodonga [as different to Oalkands] would
involve holding the "extra" at the Arrival, and arriving the Pass into the
platform.
                If the "extra" was short enough, the signalman would ,using
the frame place it into the yard or into two rd. When the Pass had departed,
he would take the master key to the Down end and let the goods out.
                If the goods was too long he could leave No2 road laying for
Oaklands and the Driver could proceed towards, but not past the Train Order
Board that indicates Train Order Working starts here...
 etc etc
                 Freight Victoria have indicated that they will cross 9357
and 9358 at Riggs Creek but that each train will shunt at Benalla. The
Wodonga Crews will not run beyond Benalla, as the Dynon Crew will be going
to rest at Oaklands, or returning from on the Up. This will probably be the
best option as the Signalman [sorry, FOE]
will lose his job soon when Benalla A is abolished.
                  Crosses are not normally done at Benalla, because the
Union has been unable to get health and safety issues sorted out. When the
FOE is pensioned off, Benalla may become an unmanned station, and under the
present Train Order rules will not be available to be used as a crossing
Station. [This is why Wangaratta is not a crossing Station [a lot of Bull
really, Wangaratta would be an easy place to cross trains, the only issue
which  I can see is deciding who was to enter first !]
                    So my previous post was in error, Safe Working Rules
allow a cross at Benalla, but the Signalmen
will not allow it!
                                          Rod ;o)