Re: FV train times

BJ wrote in message <1FOX2.25170$MB3.36070@newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...

>>front, it arrives Riggs Creek Loop about 0130 and crosses 9358.
>>on Monday 9358 was 65 vehicles long after adding the block grain to the
>

>Where is Riggs Ck please?

two km on the Melbourne side of Violet Town, and it is the only place trains
can cross on the BG in the NE!
at least between Seymour and Wodonga.
Benalla is a crossing station, but trains rarely do cross account only one
Signalman at the Melb. end  and the north end of the yard is manually
operated, the Signalman would need to walk backwards and forwards between
the ends of the yard.
We do combine the Oaklands and Wodonga trains [and separate them on the
down] but the crew assists by opening the plunger off the Oaklands line and
entering the yard Directly.
A genuine cross would have to be organised well in advance, and I guess Safe
Working  Rules would be broken.
Rod ;o)