Re: FV train times

>>Where is Riggs Ck please?
>
>two km on the Melbourne side of Violet Town, and it is the only place trains
>can cross on the BG in the NE!
>at least between Seymour and Wodonga.
>Benalla is a crossing station, but trains rarely do cross account only one
>Signalman at the Melb. end  and the north end of the yard is manually
>operated, the Signalman would need to walk backwards and forwards between
>the ends of the yard.
>We do combine the Oaklands and Wodonga trains [and separate them on the
>down] but the crew assists by opening the plunger off the Oaklands line and
>entering the yard Directly.
>A genuine cross would have to be organised well in advance, and I guess Safe
>Working  Rules would be broken.
>Rod ;o)

Is it possible under current rules to cross trains by using a single
point - drive in and back out or vice versa - or by using the Oakland
line, which also would mean manipulating only a single point?

JD

John Dennis                         jdennis@acslink.net.au
Melbourne                                  denjo02@cai.com
Australia                   Home of the Dutton Bay Tramway
DBT URL:       http://www.acslink.net.au/~jdennis/dbt.html