Re: FV train times

David Langley wrote in message <372EF4BF.A0ED4329@ancc.com.au>...
>Stuart Turnbull wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know if FV have rearranged train running as yet, such as
>> 9083/9084 operating via Toolamba. If so, any times would be appreciated.

FV did try and bulldoze a lot of changes, but we have a long standing
agreement that one months notice must be given to allow staff to adjust.
For example doctors appointments, perhaps a wedding or just a trip to
Melbourne to see a show! We already have a difficult time with our shift
work without interruptions to our private lives by a boss who does not give
a rats arse about us.
FV apparently decided not to abide this, they will now wait a month.
On the North East some changes have been made, however
9357 is a combined train now has the Oaklands Block Grain added to the
front, it arrives Riggs Creek Loop about 0130 and crosses 9358.
on Monday 9358 was 65 vehicles long after adding the block grain to the
rear.
9357 was a bit smaller, which was good because the loop is only 900 meters
long, I think .
Tuesday Nite- Weds morning 9357 was short, but 9538 was 61 vehicles and
loaded to 3180 tonnes.
G521 was placed in the shafts account the train order being through from
Wodonga to Seymour[ therefore x41 had to lead]
Departing Benalla about 0050, the G lost all its coolant and shut down.
We handed it over at Riggs Creek dead leaving the X and the A to do all the
work.
It was interesting to note that this train was about 5 vehicles too long for
the loop. I bet we get two trains at Riggs Creek too long soon.
I know I will be checking at Benalla for the opposing train length, whenever
I have more than 50 bogies. By the way except for special grain trains on
specified routes their is supposed to be a vehicle limit of 50 vehicles, and
that is the BG limit in the NE.
NR trains which are mainly 5 packs permanently barred together, are allowed
1.5 km !
Rod ;o)