Re: More Brisbane Light Rail stuff

David & Jan Winter wrote:

> Conceptually attractive, so long as there are no intersections. How did they
> handle those?
>
> I noticed in Holland locations where there were in an easement,
> respectively: footpath, cycleway, road (2 lane), tramway (2 tracks),
> footpath. The tramway had autonomous crossings of intersecting roads.

My understanding of the setup in many places is it will be footpath,
tramway/busway (2 tracks/lanes), road (2 lane), footpath. It appears
that the tramway will be raised and patterned differently to the road.
As far as intersections go, well I suppose they will be in effect the
same as any intersection where there is a roadside tramway, albeit
generally controlled by traffic lights.

Barry Campbell