Re: David LAngleys age (was Re: Second rate Melbourne stations)

Michael Walker wrote:

> >Yes, I'm older than you.
> >
> How much? Of course, given it is impolite to ask such a question, give us a
> vague idea from the following:
> <snip>

> Somewhere in between...(anyone add their own).
>
> <snip>

About the earliest I can remember is travelling on the Mornington line - back
when it was still open, and had a passenger service. I can also being at a
protest about the closure of the line, at Long Island.
There is a photo at our place that Dad took of Mum, my brother, and myself at
Mornington station, with a Walker in the platform (all this before someone burnt
the station down, Steamrail stole the turntable, etc).

Dad went to Deepdene Primary School, and he can remember steam trains stopping
at the adjacent Deepdene station.

John
--
John Cleverdon, B.App.Sc. (Cartography), AMMSIA
Amateur astronomer & Railway enthusiast | Essendon - 1999 AFL premiers