Re: Sydney people movers.

Barry Campbell wrote in message <3701495D.80707B4E@qimr.edu.au>...
>MattyQ wrote:
>> Ever heard of a multi trip weekly? Even better, a season ticket.
>
>I had a three monthly ticket at $308 (Now $320 since the fare rise).
>Plus the bus fare $11.20 per week for me and $17.60 for my wife equals
>$16.76 per day. Plus it takes 1 hr 30min each way by public transport
>rather than 1hr 15min in the morning and under an hour at night. I have
>always been an advocate of public transport but I can't fight the
>efficiency of car travel in some circumstances.

Fair enough. Point taken. Now all you need is a third person and you can
legally use the transit lane.

Speaking of which (and sorry for being WAY off topic), I once heard a story
that when transit lanes were first introduced to Brisbane, the punters tried
filling their cars with .... ahem..... "Inflatable Wendy's" suitably attired
to look like legitimate passengers. Why do they have a constant look of
fright on their faces (I'm told).     :-o

Regards

Matt Smith
Brisbane, Queensland
Reply to matticue@hotmail.com