Re: Sydney people movers.

You are so right. The Sydney system are heavy duty people movers when well
managed and I think that where any problem lies in the actual management of
the system itself. We have been in The Netherlands for a month now from
Sydney. Sydney/(NSW) should send a delegation over here to see how things
are done with rail. The locals here just won't criticize their rail system,
it is cheap, it is clean with not one train vandalized or has graffiti and
things are always on time. Intercity trains run every 1/2 hour and
"stoptrains" (all stations), every 1/4 hour 7 days a week. And the staff are
friendly and speak both Dutch AND English. They have ticket machines that
accept EFT. They have a 40% discount card for ALL trips outside 4am to 9pm
Mon-Fri. We have already met one guard who has offered to take us on a
private tour of Eindhoven and surrounds. This Netherlands rail system is as
close to perfect as a rail system can get. And the fee free friendly banking
system and cheap cable internet with no volume charges..... now that's
another story/newsgroup........ :)))) But we will be back. Sydney and
Australia are still home but it is nice to see what we are missing.

David

< Tell > <telljb@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
<3706f9a9.1619528@news.ozemail.com.au>...
[SNIP]