Re: Ararat BG connections- Lets Standardise instead!

"Stephen Devenish" <JohnnyR@bigpond.com> wrote in aus.rail:

>I thought O'Donnell Griffen have the contract with NRC to install
>Alternative Safe Working along the Gheringhap to Maroona Line...........
>It was late and I don't even know how it works being a track person myself
>but I did have a look in one of those concrete huts and saw alot of stuff
>that could go on my layout and look real cool...........  All the
>transformers dropped the voltage to 110Volts (US style).
>
>Just thought I chuck in my 2 cents worth..........
>

>Stephen Devenish

Hey Stephen, can you explain something? Newsrail noticed that your
company was using wooden sleepers on the points at Ringwood and they
thought that was unusual, but is it really? I would have thought that
the reason why is because it would be difficult and expensive to
prefab concrete sleepers with all the necessary track base-plates,
etc, in the right spots for Ringwood. What sayeth ye?

Les Brown