Re: Ararat BG connections- Lets Standardise instead!

Stephen Devenish wrote:

> I thought O'Donnell Griffen have the contract with NRC to install
> Alternative Safe Working along the Gheringhap to Maroona Line...........
> It was late and I don't even know how it works being a track person myself
> but I did have a look in one of those concrete huts and saw alot of stuff
> that could go on my layout and look real cool...........  All the
> transformers dropped the voltage to 110Volts (US style).

Strictly all the ASW/SAW/SAS/whatever needs in the field are the Radio
repeaters and the odd sign.  The signals and point motors at the loops
are the minnimum to cross the trains.  This is what O'Donnell Griffen
would have done.

Certainly O'Donnel Griffen ran late, though the original timescale was
probably unrealistically tight.  AFAIK ASW itself had nothing to do with
O'Donnell Griffen.