Re: Sydney Rail Tunnel Tours

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999 03:29:23, "David & Jan Winter"
<winterd@icenet.com.au> wrote:

> It would be interesting to survey who's using what.

Hardware: 486DX4100, 32MB RAM, 1MB S3 Trio Video, 2.1 GB and 0.5 GB
hard disks, 28.8 Jetstream Modem

Operating System: OS/2 Warp Version 3.0

Newsgroup Software: ProNews which lets me quickly download all items
in the newsgroups that I follow and read and answer at my leisure
off-line. As my one phone line is both business and private (an
economic necessity) I need to keep on-line time down. Using this
method I can also be browsing with Netscape while downloading the
newsgroup items.

I find that usually when people post HTML there is no extra actual
information contained in the message, just a lot of wasted band-width.

Regards,

Stephen