Re: Sydney Rail Tunnel Tours

>Hardware: 486DX4100, 32MB RAM, 1MB S3 Trio Video, 2.1 GB and 0.5 GB
>hard disks, 28.8 Jetstream Modem
>
>Operating System: OS/2 Warp Version 3.0
>
>Newsgroup Software: ProNews which lets me quickly download all items
>in the newsgroups that I follow and read and answer at my leisure
>off-line. As my one phone line is both business and private (an
>economic necessity) I need to keep on-line time down. Using this
>method I can also be browsing with Netscape while downloading the
>newsgroup items.
>
>I find that usually when people post HTML there is no extra actual
>information contained in the message, just a lot of wasted band-width.
>
>Regards,
>
>Stephen

Agreed - that's my beef with Websites - lots of bandwidth grabbing colour
gifs and jpegs but no real data - and dead slow to navigate!

At the NG level, however, sensible (and who says all lurkers qualify!) use
of some binary content can help - e.g. explaining trackwork. The ASCII
diagrams are interesting but so far I haven't succeeded in lining one up,
even when saved into a WP and rendered in Courier or other non-prop font.

DW