Re: Hillside Trains (Melbourne) - Station Vacancies

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Jeremy Lunn wrote:

> That reminds me.... yesterday... the overhead powerlines had some
> problem... somewhere between Camberwell and Burnley... and it took an
> hour to get from Box Hill to the city.  There just so happened to be
> station officiers on that train... The met should now how it feels
> themselfs now... since they had their own employees stuck for half an
> hour...
> --
> Jeremy Lunn

Yesterday's little f'up was apparently caused by an empty train to
Bayswater going a little bit too fast over the points approaching
Camberwell.  Interesting that it did not derail, but pulled down the
overhead!.  Hitachi (or Martin & King) trains have always had a great
reputation for wrecking their pantos. Oh Well, once it actually got to
it's destination, it would be able to have it's pantograph replaced!
The incicent happened at arround 9 am and, as far as I understand, trains
didn't start running again until about 2pm.  The 13:57 down Lilydale (run
by the double deck set) was one of the first trains through.

Gareth