Re: Swanston Street Works

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, John Wayman wrote:

> There is probably room for trams to turn left into Victoria  Street, then
> left again into Swanston Street, a nice little balloon loop,

True, but Victoria St is an extremely busy road and It would disrupt the
traffic flow a lot.  (All traffic lights along there are links together
i.e. all red the same time, all green at the same time)
One other 'problem' is that once the tracks begin to turn into Victoria St
(from Swanston St), then it becomes Yaralla Trams network (and Swankston
Trams are no allowed to touch this.

> >Now that they have reconstructed the franklin st points... I would like to
> see
> >trams terminate there (ie instead of La Trobe Street) as it would ease the
> >bank up that usually occurs (like this morning, Thurs) when trams have to
> >queue across the intersection :(
> >
> >Johann

But that would make sense !!  ;)

Gareth