Re: Suggestions for a better Melbourne

"THE Boss!" wrote:
> >                 Have you had a look at Sunshine lately? particularly on
> the
> >old Massey F site. Seems to me that the incentive is right next door to the
> >Sunshine Station. And some pretty big housing estates near the cemetery
> >would need a platform as well.
>
> But most (if not all) would be travelling through to Melbourne

Because that's where the trains go. Melbourne has a radial commuting
pattern because that's where there are railway lines. New services can
create demand if you run and market them the right way. This requires
initiative, something that governments generally do not have.

There were plans for Newport - Sunshine back in the 70s, I think with
through running of the Werribee DERM.

Cheers
David