Re: Suggestions for a better Melbourne

David McLoughlin wrote in message <377827D3.F11@REMOVEiprolink.co.nz>...

>When did the electric line reach Belgrave? It always ran there during my
>lifetime. We lived in Box Hill when I was a kid, and I often caught the
>train to Belgrave to go on Puffing Billy.
>
>When was the proposal to extend the electric line to Emerald, do you
>know?

Regards the Emerald extension, Belgrave was designed as an island station
should an extension ever eventuate. That way it would operate very similar
to Upwey. Can't think of too many other suburban terminii that have more
than 1 platform (meaning a terminus in the suburban area, not like Frankston
or Broady which are all through lines).