Re: Suggestions for a better Melbourne

Michael Walker <walker@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message
930535018.968551@woody.hotkey.net.au">news:930535018.968551@woody.hotkey.net.au...

<snip bagging of simple suggestion that everyone seems to hate except those
who actually live on the proposed Yarra Valley line>

> You'll be suggesting that PBR should be cut back to Emerald and that the
> Belgrave line should be extended to Emerald, there's a few people that
could
> use a good train service to the city and would prefer not to have to
change
> from the narrow gauge tilt train suggested last time there was a dreaming
> session.

For your information, I work at PBR, and I would never do anything to
possibly the world's most popular railway.  Anyway, VR had originally
planned to extend the suburban rail system from Upper Fern Tree Gully to
Emerald in two stages.  Fortunately, they only finished the first stage, and
this is as far as they will ever get.