Re: Bluebirds to Run extra services in SA?

David Bromage wrote:

> Neil Waller wrote:
> > The ex Director of Transport could hardly contain his mirth at the
> > suggestion of North Terrace being used for interstate trains.

> That's rich, considering in years past North Terrace used to handle
> 3 divisions of the Overland on a regular basis.

> Cheers
> David

Speaking of the Overland at North Terrace, has anybody stood on the road
bridge
and watched how the Overland was shunted into the car sheds?
I have, and it took about an hour and a half. Apparently they could only
take
2 cars at a time. Just imagine how long it would take to shunt a 18 car
train.
The train locos were shut down at the buffer stops.

John McCallum